Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 11-Favorite tv shows

Now that I'm caught up I feel more in the groove of things.

When it comes to t.v. I am totally a junkie. I LOVE t.v. I'm not a completely cough potato though when it comes to it though. There are shows that I'm totally committed to, and there are shows that I grew up loving [and still watch thanks to formatting to dvd]. :)

Shows I'm committed to:

Judge me all you want, but it compiles my favorite things: t.v., musicals, and sarcasm [not to mention crazy talented actors/actresses] all in an hour. LOVE IT! Almost obsessive.

Grey's Anatomy- I came in on this show in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd season, and from then on out it was love.


Private Practice- I know it's a spin-off, but it's a freaking awesome one. Most spin-offs are TERRIBLE, but I just feel like this one is quality.


One Tree Hill- Once again... started really REALLY late on this show. I was bored 3 summers ago and watched soap net a lot, and this played two hours daily, twice. It's was season 5 before I got into this show, but I'm such an OTH fan. It can take me from cracking up to an absolute mess of tears. That takes a darn good story line.


Life Unexpected- This show debuted last year right after OTH so naturally I was intrigued. Definitely not disappointed.


Some other shows I watch regularly are: Hellcats, Nikita, 90210, Parenthood, Better With You, and anything else that catches my attention.

Some oldie shows I loved were cartoons. The cartoons now suck compared to what was around just 20 years ago. Here are some of my faves...
First out of the gate:

Me and the Pooh gang are, ahem, were tight. My mom said that when it would come on Saturday morning cartoons I would fall of in the floor and cry. Not tantrum cry, but heartbroken cry, because the show had finished. She had to record the show on a VHS tape so that she could rewind it and I could watch it over and over again. Have I mentioned how rocking my mom is?

Next up:

This was another cartoon I had a deep committed love for. When I was younger, and me and my mom [and father] lived in Missouri, every Friday night was me and mom's night. We would eat peel-n-eat shrimp, baked potatoes, and watch Care Bears, and sleep on the hide-a-bed couch. Sometimes there was the occasional tea party with Strawberry Newtons. :) I remember one time [I was probably five] and I rewound CareBears over and over again that night. My mom woke up at 3 in the morning and made me turn off the t.v. as I sat there with glazed over eyes that only a five year old whose been watching television for entirely too long can have. Love me some CB.


Oh Fraggle Rock. Jim Henson was genius as far as this former kid is concerned. I'm singing the theme song now.


Popples. This little gem was a random discovery in the video section in Country Mart when we lived in Missouri. I fell in love. It was like a brighter, fuzzier, poppier version of CareBears and I was pumped [and you know how 5 year olds can get pumped].

There were other cartoons, but they weren't A-listers in my life. David the Gnome, Gummie Bears, Tail Spin, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Tiny Tunes. They were all good. Ah the good, old days of quality, CLEAN cartoons. Call me old-fashioned, but cartoons these days are less for kids and more for adults. They are crude and stupid as far as I'm concerned.

As you can tell... as I already confessed... I'm a fan of the television and that it holds inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment