Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 12- I Believe

What I believe? In a theological sense... sometimes this question can stress me out. I 'm still digging out of a time where I questioned my faith in the most ridiculous way. I pushed, shoved, back talked, and deliberately did things I shouldn't because I felt like my faith was more trouble then it was worth. It was a time in my life where I felt like everything around me was tumbling out of control. Therefore the ONE thing I could control [well... thought I could control] was my faith. I was basically a bratty little five year old that crossed their arms, stomped their foot, stuck out that lip as only a child can, and told God I didn't have to believe in Him because I didn't have to. I didn't feel like following Him because it was too hard. I didn't like it anymore, and I was better off. And He let me do it. He let me beat my hands against His chest and yell and scream. He let me throw my tantrum. Then... when I got tired, and realized I was acting like a complete fool... He kind of just wrapped me in my arms and let me rest. It's been a slow process... but I'm slowly figuring things out again. So without getting really deep into theology I believe this... God is good. All the time. We may not understand His process, but we will in HIS timing. Not ours. God isn't a child with a magnifying glass trying to burn us on our little ant hill. He allows things to happen. I believe that He is the only Savior. He is the One I choose to follow. I think that at the end of my life if He doesn't exist I've lost nothing by living for Him, but if I don't live my life for Him and He does exist... at the end of my life I've lost everything. I'd rather take my chances and live for Him. Now let me step into things that I believe that aren't on such a theology based spectrum...

-I believe that you can in fact hate the sin, but still love the sinner. It's been done to me, and I've done it for others.

-I believe that you should respect peoples property.

-I believe that one kind word can completely change someone's day. Maybe even save a life.

-I believe that a woman shouldn't define her worth by whether or not she's in a relationship.

-I believe in being independent.

-I believe that there isn't anything better than a home cooked meal courtesy of my grandma or mom.

-I believe that my grandfather is the best man I've ever met.

-I believe that bills should prioritize everything. Even if you have to eat cereal and milk for a week. That good credit will be worth the cereal and milk one day.

-I believe that prayer works in the most bizarre and amazing ways.

-I believe that God loves everyone.

-I believe that bullying -no matter the form, the cause, the receiver, the giver- is wrong.

-I believe that homelessness can't always be helped, and we are suppose to help them.

-I believe that love is scary and hard, but it can be totally worth it if you let it.

I'm going to stop there. Can't bare my soul too much can I?

On to Day 13...

No comments:

Post a Comment