Friday, December 3, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

Day 17 an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)

Okay... I don't have a picture of any art piece I've done except for a painting. I draw. Paint. Do pottery. I'm doing a stain-glassed class right now. I love art. It's relaxing for me. I have a lot of big pieces of pottery [ceramics] that I've done.

I'm about to start refinishing a quilt rack and a big wooden chair. OH! And a coffee table and a nightstand. You know... because I have so much extra time on my hands. ;)

I just love creating. For example... last weekend my mom wanted to figure out a way to use her pumpkins for Christmas. So... I took them. Spray painted them metallic silver. Then made one with a wreathe around the middle. One with polka dots. One with puff paint polka dots. One of with snowmen. They turned out SUPER cute. I brought two more from my work home so I can do those too. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Anyway... if I'm suppose to have a picture... here is the one painting I've done in my life. It's of Amelia when she wasn't even a year old. It was her first trip to the beach. The original picture is too hilariously cute. Therefore I decided to try my hand at painting it...
This is the picture that I used to paint from. I can't find the picture of the painting though. I got an A though. So that's saying something.
I called the painting Beach Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment