Wednesday, November 17, 2010

another blog challenge? yes please.

I suck at blogging without a challenge going on. Thanks to Aleasa I have another challenge! Yay!

Day 1: Your Biggest Accomplishment

I'd have to say my biggest accomplishment was graduating college. If you ask me in a few more years, hopefully, I'll saying getting my RN license. I struggled a LOT off and on at Ouachita. I transferred there the second semester of my sophomore year. I chose to get the majority of my basics done at a community college where I had a scholarship. Plus, if I didn't have a scholarship it was still super cheap. I did okay with grades my 1st semester at OBU. It was a whole new ball-game my 2nd semester though. Fall of 2007 was a rough semester for me. My mom and step-dad [who had raised me] had gotten a divorce. It wasn't a good time. I came thisclose to being put on academic probation. I'll say this... I had 18 hours, and made all D's and an F. Did I mention that I had knee surgery that semester too? The rest of my semesters weren't bad. In fact, I graduated on the Dean's List. I decided to go out with a bang. Ha! College was a big deal to me. I'm the only one out of me and my 4 guy cousins who've actually started and finished college. I always said after I graduated that I'd never go back to school... apparently God has a sense of humor.

I have never, ever been late on a payment. I pride myself in keeping good credit. If that means I have to eat cereal for a few days because it was all I could afford than so be it. Bills first. Others second. Me third. That is how the paycheck goes.

I'm clearly stretching that accomplishment business. The college thing is the biggest deal though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you :) I wish I could say I had never been late on a bill ... whoops.

    ReplyDelete