Saturday, November 20, 2010

Favorite Book

Here's thing... I absolutely love reading. I do have a lot of favorite books, but they kind of tie into my favorite author[s]. So here is my absolute favorite book. Period.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is hands-down the best book I've ever read. It's absolutely fantastic. I was kind of mad when I finished it only because I didn't want to be done.

Another book I really like is...

I'm a fan of Sarah Dessen as an author, but this is by far my favorite book of hers. Dreamland is another one of hers I like. It's about domestic violence in a relationship. Her books are kind of, sort of, maybe for teenagers. I don't care. I like them anyway.

Some of my other favorite authors are Gregory Maguire [Wicked, Son of a Witch, A Lion Among Men, & Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister]. Yes he wrote the book Wicked which is what the musical Wicked is based on. The book is not kid friendly. The musical is. The books are great though. Wicked comes as a trilogy [the first 3 books I listed of his].

Here's a list of some other favorite books
-Chronicles of Narnia

-Twilight Saga... don't judge.

-Harry Potter. Again. Don't judge.

-Philippa Gregory [The OtheBoleynr Girl, The Constant Princess, etc.] She rights books based on the old England Royalty [Catherine the Great. Anne and Mary Boleyn, Elizabeth.] I'm a recent history lover [for certain things], and even though these are fiction back stories I still like them. It makes reading the actual history even more interesting.

-I like those Christian "self help" books. I think calling them "self help" is actually putting them in the wrong category, but I don't know what else to call them.

That pretty much covers it. I have hundreds of books in boxes and my bookshelf. I've kept virtually every book from childhood, especially the ones that were my favorites or that I learned to read on. Once again... such a bookworm.

2 comments:

  1. The Truth About Forever is one of my faaaavorite books too! I love love love Sarah Dessen. Have you ever read the Jessica Darling books by Megan McCafferty? They're fantastic too. Sloppy Firsts is the first book. They're my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first two, but not the rest. I think I'm going to though.

    ReplyDelete