Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 25: i-Tunes

Not gonna lie... I was SUPER pumped when I saw this as one of the 30 day topics. I'm a music fanatic, and basically any opportunity to discuss my i-Tunes is a bonus.

I Will Carry You (Audrey's Song)- Selah: This song makes me cry. It's based on the story of Audrey Caroline. Her mom's blog is found
here. She's married to Selah's Todd Smith. Such an incredible testimony of faith and strength.
"there were photographs I wanted to take
things I wanted to show you"

Love Will Bring You Home- Nicol Sponberg: This song kind of breaks my heart too.
"where did you lose the faith you had? did you put it into something that has only left you empty and sad?"

God's Will- Martina McBride: When I saw this music video it basically ripped my heart out.
"i've been searchin, wonderin', thinkin'. lost and lookin' all my life. i've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated. i've wrestled wrong and right."

Jesus Freak- DC Talk: Who doesn't love DC Talk?! That's all I have to say to that.
"separated, i cut myself clean from a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams"

Catch the Wave- LeCrae's Theme Song [written for Kanakuk]: The most fun song. Dance moves include lots of jumping.

The Story- Brandi Carlile: The super high parts in this song stress me out. Still I like the song.
"all of these lines across my face, tell you the story of who i am, so many stories of where i've been, and how I got to i where i am"


Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffett: It's catchy. I'm a fan.

Why- Bethany Dillon: I have two songs by this name. I like this one, but my favorite one is Nichole Nordeman's version. Listen to it. You won't be disappointed.
"you're a good strategy when i need one
an angle when there is none
like a doormat
that always says welcome
no matter how much dirt i rub on
but when i am tired and run through
look over this hill, i'm running to You"
-Bethany Dillon

"the power in Your blood destroys all of the lies
soon You'll see past their unmerciful eyes
look there below, see the child
trembling by her father's side
now I can tell You why
she is why You must die"
-Nichole Nordeman

Wally- Aslyn: This song is so fun. My friend Brooke introduced me to this artist via this song. She might have been a one hit wonder. I don't know, but love her music.
"when your eyes found me i could hardly breathe
i wanted you
glad you wanted me"

Unredeemed- Selah: This song kind of seems like it was written for me... and a lot of other people who have problems grasping grace. It's pretty powerful to me.
"life breaks and falls apart
but we know these are
places where grace is soon to be so amazing
it may be unfulfilled
it may be unrestored
but when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord
just watch and see
it will not be unredeemed"

Okay... I did ten songs. Technically I didn't put the first 10 songs on shuffle though. I have a LOT of music on my iPod that I've never listened to. I'm trying to work through the music. Better yet... maybe I'll just delete the stuff I know I'll never listen too. I love music though. Ten songs was not enough.

1 comment:

  1. i skipped some that i've been meaning to delete too..... i mean, i wanted it to be at least KIND of representative!

    ReplyDelete