Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Two for One

The fact that I'm going to be in the middle of God knows where [okay... maybe not the middle of nowhere, but it's in the northwest corner of the state. Not in town. Mountainess terrain. This means no wireless] without internet service tomorrow, I'm going to blog Day 7 and 8.

Day 7 - Heart-melting Photo

This is Amelia [Mia] my little cousin. She just turned 4 in November. She's super special to me for a big reason... girls are rare in my family. There are 10 years between my mom and her cousin, 15 between that cousin and me, and 20 between me and Mia. Rare commodity, indeed. I rarely get to see her, and she's getting to that age where she doesn't warm up quite as fast to her Arkansas family as she use to when she was younger. Anyways, this photo melts my heart just because she's such a girly girl, but has that occasional tomboy pop up. She insisted on wearing this hat which is my grandpa's [her great g-pa's].

Day 8 - Heart-breaking/angering Photo

This is not my photo. It's a friend's photo. If you'll notice the little girl clinging to her daddy's leg. This just wrenches my heart out. It's a precious picture. However, seeing kids having to say goodbye to their dads, even if temporary, breaks my heart. I envy girls who love their daddies and vice versa. I think it's unfair for children to lose a dad that they adore when I could care less about mine. It kind of makes me angry because I can't think of why God would be seemingly so unfair. I've got one [a dad] I don't even really want. Why not take mine? I know, I know. This sounds awful. If you knew my dad you'd probably understand.

2 comments:

  1. DO YOU really want someone to take your dad...? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it can't be discussed on traceable media... ;)

    ReplyDelete