Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 2: Definition of Success

These are two definitions that www.dictionary.com says...
–noun
1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors
2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like

I can agree with that for the most part. Completing a task or attaining an award or important position DOES equal success. Especially form a worldly view. However...

Success to ME:
-happiness
-my actions being pleasing to God
-showing God others through myself
-good relationships
-being healthy
-having a family
-being a good friend
-actually doing my hair, and NOT putting it up in a pony tail or messy bun
-being on time to work instead of one stinkin' minute late
-not giving up even when I failed miserably the first time [or two or three] :)
-cooking dinner that didn't come pre made or from a restaurant
-not taking a week [or more] to hang my clothes or fold them and put them in drawers
-jogging! I have a new love for jogging. I get kind of pissy when weather does not permit me to do so. I hate working out inside, so I don't own a gym membership. Just the outdoors.
-the fact that I adopted my dog from a shelter
-graduating from nursing school

I'm glad this was a list capable subject. I'm paragraphed out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment