Friday, November 19, 2010

Fave Teacher

To be honest... I had the tendency to completely LOVE my teachers in any year of school or completely despise a teacher. There are a few that stick out the most though...

Mr. Anders- He was my World History and Psychology teacher in high school. I honestly kind of hate history. I know it's great and all, but it's just not my forte. I absolutely loved his class though. His psychology class was good, but his history class rocked. I wish he could have always taught me history. He would see his "kids" in the hallway and give us hugs or high fives. He was really invested with students. Even the trouble makers respected him. He passed away a few years ago from a sudden heart attack. I hadn't seen him since high school, but it still makes me sad that people are missing out on his great teaching.

Latimer- She is one of the computer teachers at my H.S. Alma Mater too. Her classes were easy, but she was so laid back. Her classes were fun, and relaxed. Not to mention I kind of could do anything in her class. Ha!

Doc- High school English teacher. I took his class my Junior year, and instead of taking the college course my senior year with a different teacher, I took a lesser level senior english class JUST so he could be my teacher again. He was younger [early to mid 30s I'd say] so he related a lot better. His classes were fun. He was laid back. He had a cussing jar that you had to put a quarter in every time you cussed, and if it was a "big" cuss word you had to put a dollar in. People rarely had to use it though just because we had a big respect for him. We had music on Fridays that we had to journal about the songs we picked. He made us journal basically everyday. I didn't love that, but it was cool.

Mrs. N- This was my choir teacher. She is incredible. A lot of people were afraid of her. I adore her though. She was, and still is, one of the top choir teachers in the state. She is so talented, and has a huge passion for what she does. Her passion for music and perfection feeds into her students. She has one of the best choirs in Arkansas for a reason, and I was so blessed to be a part of it.

Vaden- I took two semesters of ceramics from her my first year in a half of college. I loved art before I took her class. Up until I took it though... I didn't think I could make art. Making a piece of art that takes forever. That you've put your blood, sweat, and tears into [so to speak] is so rewarding. To me it is so relaxing and cathartic. I have some really great pieces that I was able to make.

Carter- Oh Dr. Carter... He was a prof of mine at OBU. One of the hardest professors I've ever had. However, I think what I learned in his class has stuck with me more then anything. He loves what he does. He knows his stuff. I wish I could have had him as my prof for every class.

Lopez- Okay... so she didn't impact me in a huge, huge way. But J-Lo [yes... we called her that for a reason] was the best Spanish teacher I've ever had. I loved, and actually comprehended, Spanish because of her. I went from a prof one semester that I failed every single sheet and test, to making A's and B's in J-Lo's class. It was a lot of fun. Not to mention I made some great friends those two semesters of college.

So those are my faves I can think of. I've always loved school. It hasn't always been easy, but I love it. I kind of was one of those kids that had the potential to be a teachers pet, but kept it to a minimum so I didn't look like a kiss-ass. I had fun though. I'm not much for trouble making so all the teachers, principals, resource officers, secretaries, etc. knew I could be trusted. I basically did what I wanted to my senior year of high school.

I think I need school to keep my brain going. I've been out two years, and I'm already bored. I guess that's why I'm going back! I don't realize how much I love school until I'm not in it.

Having great teachers helps too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment